Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Takin' my Country Back

I'm with Cindy Sheehan and those at Camp Casey, and those in Salt Lake City, Utah, yesterday in claiming the moral high ground for peace. Thom Hartmann's been playing this song written by David Kent (which could be this year's anthem, together with Steve Earle's The Revolution Starts Now (played down in Camp Casey and also in my Peaceward iPod playlist) called Takin' My Country Back, which googling I found at
http://www.1010kxxt.com/audio/takinmycountryback.mp3
. (The singer I understand to be a Nashville session vocalist named Tony Stampley.) So much to do, but listening to that song, along with Truthout.org's great coverage of Camp Casey and also Amy Goodman's two shows focusing on it -- Friday, August 19 and Monday, August 22 -- check out Democracy NOW!. Meanwhile, Bush keeps trying to gain support while I wear the button, He's NOT my President.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home