Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Thursday, August 18, 2005

One Mother's Stand - Support Cindy Sheehan

I've been up since four AM for two good causes: peace and fair and safer elections.

First I checked out Truthout.org's wonderful page on Cindy Sheehan and her great presence at Crawford Texas, near Bush's ranch. This comes after last night's America Stands with Cindy candlelight vigil where I stood with Colleen Primrose, Thomas Gallagher, and Theresa from Sunnyside Woodside Peace and hundreds of others. I used two bright pink folders to mount the http://meetwithcindy.org sign: America Stands with Cindy and on the reverse of one I had:

TOO MUCH
BLOOD
shed for
NO "noble cause"

Colleen (in her Code Pink garb) and I stood with our candles in front of NBC, across from Rockefeller Plaza, each of us holding the pink signs and sometimes breaking the silent vigil with song. It was meaningful -- we could feel the energy as we stood with hundreds and we united in spirit with all of the other 1500+ vigils. Wow!

So I followed up last night's Cindy/Camp Casey support vigil with watching all sorts of the Truthout videos -- I will comment on them later, but do especially check out the press conferences and the rally. Cindy is remarkable in her humble moving loving message: No more lies, no more bloodshed. There was no 'noble cause' -- bring our troops home now.

THEN about 5:30 AM or so I turned to Mark Crispin Miller and his "None Dare Call it Stolen" article in this August's Harper's Magazine. I wrote about it AND Teresa Hommel's http://wheresthepaper.org work for fair and safe elections, specifically to WQIDC members and friends to contact our councilmembers to get them to endorse Paper Ballots with Precinct Counted Optical Scanners. I combine these two issues and hopefully will "release" a listserv message to our WQIDC yahoo group later today, after several WQIDC exec board members review my draft. This piece will be available online then at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WQIDC -- check it out soon.

But NOW I have to go to work and I wish I had had more sleep. Still BOTH Peace and Elections are SOOOOO important. (God, please give me some energy!!)

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home