Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Blinking and choosing

Home from several days in Vermont, I discovered my telephone message machine blinking "2". That was two days ago and I still haven't played the messages. Hmmmmm. Well, I think I know who they are. And I came in late Monday night after visiting with my cousin Pat, his wife Beth, and their son Evan, here from Ohio. I was in no mood for messages then and couldn't return any calls at that hour anyway. Besides, one was probably Pat trying to reach me. THEN, I was here all day Tuesday -- and never thought of it. Wednesday, I was rushing out the door to work and the machine blinked again "2" "2" "2" . Whoops! No time to listen.

Now it is Thursday morning and I've watered the garden, fed the cats, and mopped the kitchen floor. I've downloaded stuff for the iPod and should really wash my hair quickly and leave for work? What about the "2"? One is likely a friend who regularly calls. If it were an emergency, folks would call again. But I must get 2 it one of these days -- soon.

One thing I DID get 2 was contacting my senators and congressmembers about their supporting Cindy Sheehan, Iraq victim Casey Sheehan's mother, in her effort to meet with George W. Bush to ask him what is the "noble cause" for which her son died. We're all waiting for that answer. I also called the White House yesterday with the same question and the request that George respond to Cindy so she can explain it to us all. On Tuesday I had contacted NBC asking them to cover the story of Cindy's encampment ouside of George's ranch. Cindy represents Gold Star Families for Peace, but in truth, she represents all of us questing the immoral invasion and occupation of Iraq. I signed the petition at Cindy's special site, http://www.meetwithcindy.org/ -- and asked WQIDC to follow suit. But I should remind the NYFOR folk AND I must get to the voting machine notes. The question remains, what 2 do first. I suspect it is not listening to those 2 messages.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home