Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Shock, sick, and facing disappointment

My son has me shocked and sick at heart. How disappointed I will be, remains to be seen but he is being courted to run for office by the Dead Eaters, errr, Republicans. I know I shouldn't have but I had to add something negative to his posting at Audient Files, which is well written -- and I know that there are a few decent Republicans left, damn few, but I would hate to see him align himself politically with them. (That doesn't mean I love the Democrats, they too, have betrayed the Middle Class and the working families and I am proud to be an Independent Democrat who votes across party lines. But this is what I wrote:

Run as a Repugnant? You know how I feel. The Republicans led us by lies into an illegal war on people who did nothing to us (until we did it to them). This war, indeed an invasion, has cost thousands of American lives and tens of thousands of Iraqi lives and has made our world less safe.

They have stolen at least two major elections with voter suppression and election fraud. Most have little or no integrity. They are destroying our environment and give tax breaks to millionaires while the middle class sinks into poverty. Seniors eat cheap, some even dog food, so they can pay for their medicine sold at inflated prices thanks to deals championed by Republicans to aid their pharmaceutical company campaign contributors.

I have respect for few Republicans. What more can I say? Remember when I wouldn't take a million dollars to vote for Reagan? It wasn't for real but I wouldn't have and couldn't have. (His people made deals with Iran to cause Carter to lose and then had the audacity to let Iran release the American hostages immediately upon his "coronation" and he followed through and sold arms and technology to Iran. His Alzheimers prevented his being prosecuted.) I say too much but I know too much. And I feel like you are being courted by the Dead Eaters. Don't sell yourself cheap.


Time will tell what he decides. And, yes, I know that children, once grown, must be allowed to lead their own lives. It has to be his decision. But if he decides to run/become a Republican, I will feel like my son has joined with Darth Vader or Voldamort. Disappointed would be too weak of a word. I truly hope and pray that he remembers, and does not betray, his roots.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

2 Comments:

At 8/02/2005 06:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate:

Calm down, beware of assailing his ego, appeal to his logic. He is trying to think this through. He thinks Dems weren't "frendly to his interests" and the republicans are now showing him interest. Remind him that the republicans are promoting their interests. Are they the same as his. Does he really want to align himself with a party to "promote his interests" or does he, as I think he does, strive for a mobler calling to promote the interests, and well being of the citizenry, and the world, present and future, especially those that are least able to protect their own interest.

 
At 8/03/2005 06:54:00 AM, Blogger Kate Anne said...

Well said. Thanks for being there with a verbal cup of tea. To be totally practical, however, I wonder if he's thinking how much it will cost financially (let alone spiritually). He's set to buy a house....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home