Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Stop Global Warming - and March on Washington

Preserving the environment is one of my peace and justice issues, and George W. Bush and his neo-cons would do well to recognize the truth of David Brower's quotation,"There is no business to be done on a dead planet." Global warming is a big part of the havoc being wreaked on the environment -- note how Hurricane Rita is following Katrina in feeding on the overly warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico and becoming a monstrous Category 5 hurricane. After listening to Bobby Kennedy Jr. on Air America Radio's Ring of Fire's Sept. 17th show (see http://ringoffireradio.com/default1.asp for the archived version -- jam-packed with great stuff for environmental/political activists), I decided to join the Virtual March on Washington DC to Stop Global Warming. Click on the title link above for the main site, or sign up to march with Bobby and me at Kate Anne's Personal Impact Page -- this way Bobby (and I :-) get(s) credit for you as a marcher on this oh-so-important issue. Got some good people marching, and there is another Kate marching behind Bobby, so I am happy to claim my full "Kate Anne" identity and hope I can get some of my friends to join me.

Meanwhile I am working on United for Peace and Justice's September 24th March on Washington and have agreed to be a bus captain and the site coordinator for Union Square. I hope Hurricane Rita cools down a bit before hitting land on Saturday because I don't like the idea of a Category 5 hurricane hitting anywhere near Texas's two nuclear power plants in her path. (They are scheduled to be turned off 7 hours before Rita lands -- but come on!) Bush wars on our planet, politically and environmentally, and Gaia is warring back. There is so much to do for peace and justice. Join Bobby virtually and join Cindy Sheehan on the 24th. We must wake up "a nation rocked to sleep": March to Washington, virtually and in person.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

1 Comments:

At 9/25/2005 02:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great taking on DC with you and Bus 4!

Thanks for keeping us on the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home