Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

To Read: Legacy of Secrecy

Mark, Lamar, Joe Friendly


Thanks to daughter Kat reminding me of my tentative evening plans, I made a mad dash down to McNally Jackson Books at 52 Prince Street in NYC to hear author Lamar Waldron discuss his book Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination and now have some 771 more pages to read, not including photos, documents, notes and index. (Add that to the pile! :-) I have heard Lamar speak several times on Thom Hartmann's radio show so I knew that despite his protestations to the contrary the man can talk, oh can he talk. His subject dealt with the Mafia's assassinations of John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr., and Robert F. Kennedy: obviously very riveting. He made his points and the book provides the documentation. When will history openly acknowledge it? Time will tell. 

I also want to thank author and NYU professor Mark Crispin Miller [featured at various times in this blog and on my bookshelf] for playing a part in getting Lamar to speak. Despite the stormy NYC weather, there was a decent turnout and I had some interesting conversations with folks, both pre and post talk. Guy Ventresca was kind enough to take a picture of me and Lamar [and I had never heard that Ike had his own cover-up of a snafu in a pre-D-Day dry run -- hmmmm]. More pix of the book talk on Flickr -- my Christmas pix may get there yet, non Facebook friends! (And I wonder just how much of the book Thom wrote to justify his "with Thom Hartmann" cover credit.)

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

Kate Anne and Lamar

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home