Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Human Rights!!

Today, ignoring the Bush Crime Family's abuses, is the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted without dissent by the General Assembly of the United Nations, December 10, 1948. Read it here -- and work to see we all follow it. Please and thank you. 

Maybe someone should have read it to George W. Bush. Or he should have read it instead of My Pet Goat. Article 5 says: "No one shall be subjected to torture, or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment."

Lots of good stuff!! Years ago I bought a copy of it in the form of a little blue book at the United Nations building but I admit I have never read the whole thing. Will do that. Join me. And again, let's implement it!! MORE thanks.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home