Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Where has the YEAR gone??

Back home from Ohio and Pennsylvania visits to children and aunt, et cetera, I've spent today going through bills and putting some stuff away (not enough) AND making a few end-of-year donations. I wish I had lots of money -- I don't. I could go broke if I answered 10% of the solicitation letters I get. BUT, I remember Gloria Steinem saying, what does your checkbook tell about you? Well, mine still pays a few bills, but I could expand her thought to say, what does your credit card say about you? Today I donated online to Episcopal Relief and Development, Fellowship of Reconciliation, The Interfaith Alliance, The Center for Constitutional Rights, Amnesty International, National Wildlife Federation, and Consumer Reports Foundation plus several checks. I end the New Year right by giving and then sharing a few hours with friends.

When my son was born I quoted Tiny Tim to the delivery team, "God bless us everyone!" I repeat the sentiments and wish all of us a Peace-full, Healthy, Prosperous, Happy New Year.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

Holiday Greetings!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1/12/2009 07:29:00 AM, Blogger Mara said...

God bless us every one !

It's not only in money that we donate and I know for a fact that you donate so much of yourself Kate Anne. Your generosity of spirit is HUGE and priceless.

Some people are good at making money and can donate money- others donate in other ways. We ALL donate simply by being.

((((peace hugs )))))

May you be well and happy , always !

XXX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home