Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

FOR's Festival of Peace

Mel Duncan, Pfeffer Peace Prize recipient


The Fellowship of Reconciliation honored the vibrant executive director of the Nonviolent Peaceforce USA Mel Duncan recently at Shadowcliff in Nyack at the Third Annual Festival of Peace. I was pleased to meet him and give him a check for his wonderful work. (More is needed, please send tax deductible $$ to them at 425 Oak Grove St., Minneapolis, MN 55403.) Others honored were Samina Faheed Sundas, recipient of the Martin Luther King Jr. Award and Phil & Fran Greenspan, the Festival of Peace Award [more pictures]. It was a beautiful day and it was great to reunite with Carmel & Frank Fee, whose daughter Anita Fee is the FOR Development Director. Joan Pagan and I drove Anita's friend Marianne back home to Queens (She lives a block away from me: small world!).

I once heard Gloria Steinem ask, "What will your checkbook say about you and your priorities?" Today we might add, "and your credit card statement". I don't have lots to give, but I believing in giving at least the grass widow's mite. At the festival, I bid on and "won" several objects (one of which I plan to send the enthusiastic Matthew Zeltzer with whom I had the pleasure to speak). But if you believe in peace, justice and nonviolence, please consider donating to the interfaith Fellowship of Reconciliation: www.forusa.org. I love that FOR USA is a peace group -- and a good one. What does your checkbook and credit card statements say about you?

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home