Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Resisting the Hostile Takeover


The Drum Major Institute hosted David Sirota and some other excellent panelists discussing "Campaign '06: The Year of the Hostile Takeover?" Essentially, it was a conversation about why/how the middle class is disappearing, who is responsible, and what we can do about it. More for my to do list, but resisting corporate takeover of America is part of working for world peace, because we cannot have peace without justice. Together now, "No justice, no peace....No justice, no peace!"

I had purchased David's book Hostile Takeover: How Big Money & Corruption Conquered Our Government -- and How We Take It Back last week when it first came out in the desire not only to read it, but to up the numbers for a book on this important issue. Amazon (Title Link above) yesterday listed it at 267. David was on Rachel Maddow's Air America Radio show this morning and will be on Thom Hartmann next week (he personally told me as I got my book signed). I'm not too far into it, but far enough to realize it is a very readable book and I love the fact that it poses solutions. (What's the Matter with Kansas really lacked in this.) We have to read about it, talk about it, and work on it -- and we have to resist the corporate hold on the Democratic Party, too. Campaign Finance Reform is a major part of it: Clean Money, Clean Elections. And I stressed to David my concern about Net Neutrality. David agreed, this is a big issue and definitely part of it. They will try to take away our tools to fight back -- oh did I use the f word? Well, David did sign my book "Fight the takeover!" I prefer RESIST. And it will take persistance. For more information, read the book, or you can start with the San Francisco Chronicle article about the topic. I have to finish the book, and yes, I want to learn more about the work of co-panelist Elizabeth Warren, articulate author and Harvard law professor -- but first I have to go to work in corporate America. Argh!!

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

David Sirota

2 Comments:

At 5/22/2006 05:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! the fight against corporatism is not only a fight against the corporate takeover of other parties, but the democratic party as well. the number one weapon that the middle class holds against this massive parasite is THIS- communication, blogging, the internet- we can and will win!

tamara
www.peacetakescourage.com

 
At 5/22/2006 05:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw... i found you at flickr... i am 'lawbelle'...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home