Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Friday, April 28, 2006

Celebrations to Revive the Spirit


The last few days had me celebrating the birthdays of friends -- Peace friend, Jane Thompson and my West Queens Independent Democratic Club friend, Fran Bauer.

Jane's party was at the Saigon Grill on 90th and Amsterdam in Manhattan -- yummy friends and food! I've posted some of her party pictures at my FlickR page (click the title link) and hope to post some of Fran's pictures there later. But I had such a good time with Jane's friends -- and I had never met most of them. Just a really good group, but what would one expect from such a love as Jane?

Fran's celebration was great fun, too, in my neighborhood at Bliss, Dorothy Morehead's restaurant in Sunnyside. The food was bliss-full of course and my Democratic friends and I had a great time getting together with Fran and each other.

So now I put the parties behind me, take that wonderful energy, and concentrate on the March for Peace, Justice and Democracy. The Big Questions remains: Why is Air America Radio ignoring the march? Yes, there is an important Darfur march in DC and other place on Sunday, and the May first immigration rallies on Monday -- but what is going on? It is not getting mentioned on the shows I listen to. STRANGE. Well, thank God for WBAI.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home