Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Monday, May 01, 2006

Marching and Praying for Peace, Justice, and Democracy

With Cindy Sheehan, post march


Great weekend for peace, justice and democracy -- and some photos are posted on FlickR (click title link). More will be posted later as time and space allow, following work in Corporate America. I so wanted to take today off but a returning boss and the possibility of jury duty all this week have me paying my corporate dues so I can pay my rent and donate to peace causes, like Clergy and Laity Concerned about Iraq. They hosted a wonderful pre-march vigil, albeit late, but we are on kairos time, aren't we? Then they hosted an evening interfaith revival, which was quite wonderful and spirit-building: magical, mystical, peaceful, at the beautiful Middle Collegiate Church at Second Avenue and 7th Street. A great way to end a great day.

United for Peace and Justice estimated 350,000 marching for Peace, Justice and Democracy this Saturday -- and it was massive, with wonderful energy. We walked from north of Union Square down to Foley Square and the weather cooperated beautifully. I met artist Vicki Boatright from Canton, Ohio, en route and then was happily surprised to see her later at the evening revival where she read this terrific statement which I hope to be posting. But I couldn't find NYFOR friend Sam Oast, lost amidst the Quakers, though Howard Pflanzer and I were pleased to find each other. And Colleen Primrose found each other and she introduced me to Cindy Sheehan who introduced me to Randi Rhodes. (And yes, Randi did publicize the march on her Air America Radio show, I can happily report -- but where was Rachel Maddow?) Colleen also introduced me to former diplomat Ann Wright who resigned in protest and was with Cindy down at Camp Casey outside the Bush family "ranch" last August.

And I heard wonderful poetry at the Interfaith Revival of Repentance, Resistance and Renewal -- from Kathy Engel and Drew Dellinger. I finally got to see, speak to, and pray with Rabbi Arthur Waskow of Philadelphia's Shalom Center. And so much more, but I gotta get to work. More thoughts and feelings later. And please keep checking out FlickR for more pictures. Blessings, and let us be the peace we seek.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

CALC-I Revival speakers

2 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 03:14:00 PM, Blogger jay lassiter said...

wasn't the day amazing? i am pouring over everyone else's blogs about saturday and even though the event was massive, it felt very intimate.

 
At 5/02/2006 06:44:00 PM, Blogger Kate Anne said...

Thanks, Jay -- I think I will take your lead, as time allows: soon!!

Smiles -- and peac hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home