Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Natural Cures and Consumerism

Woke up in the middle of the night to succumb to an informational that I have seen before. I dialed 800-823-1522 and purchased the book Natural Cures, coming with its free-bees: a CD on natural ways to lose weight and 6 of the author's past newsletters. When I called the toll free number and spoke to Mary of Utah, I was encouraged to sign up for upcoming copies of the newsletter, which could be cancelled at anytime but otherwise billed to my credit card --at $42 a year! I declined. I was encouraged to buy Kevin's 12 CDs on various topics, for 19.95 TOTAL. I bit. But I declined the rush order fee of $9.95 additional and stuck with the original postage and handling of $9.95. This means it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get to me, but, as it is I spent about $75, if Mary was truthful on the prices. AND I gave them my email so I will likely get other offers. That's okay. My email overfloweth and I am handy with my delete button.

Lovely conversation with Mary -- I told her when I declined the newsletter that I had plenty to read and was trying to attack my paper clutter. That's this month's focus at FlyLady.Net, I added. She noted the link. I blessed her and hung up, $75 poorer but intrigued with the Natural Cures book. I agree with Kevin that the pharmaceutical companies want to keep us sick so they can sell us more drugs. Are they really sitting on the cures to cancer and arthritis? Hmmmm. Given the profit motive in our economic system, I wouldn't be surprised. We need single payer National Healthcare and to remove the greed factor from healing. And Kevin, I know you gotta make a living, but I just paid $75 for God knows what. In 6 to 8 weeks, I will find out. Hopefully, it will be a welcomed additional to my books on health, nutrition, and healing.

Peace Hugs,
Kate Anne

PS I forgot to mention that Mary of Utah offered me some sort of deal with a Wal-Mart coupon. I told her I'm a peace and justice activist and they pay their employees too little to get my business. Wonder if she'll contemplate my call?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home