Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Made in America

In a world where fewer and fewer of us remember the song, "Look for the Union Label", finding the words "Made in America" or "Made in the USA" is more and more difficult. I finally succumbed and purchased some rubber spatulas (for scraping bowls) that were NOT the Rubbermaid I had hoped for, but an off-brand made in China - *sigh*. Our government owes more and more to China (and other countries) and our trade deficit adds to the disaster. NAFTA, CAFTA -- Americans lose jobs as those cheaper prices are paid for dearly in other ways.

A little bit later, I purchased some batteries for my little Walkperson radio. I was busy comparing prices and was thinking even with the Eckerd's batteries on sale, I bet I could find them cheaper. Then I saw the words, "Made in the USA" -- enough: SOLD. You win some, you lose some, but our country's working class better begin winning more. Part of it begins with us, buying American when we can and demanding protection for our better paying American working class jobs.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home