Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Friday, April 09, 2010

Disarm Now! For Peace and Human Needs

I've been quietly seeking peace, de-stressing and meditating. There is much more to be done on that front but I am also far enough along to reach out in a gentle way to get back into blogging peace. (I have been tweeting it as PeaceHugs, fyi -- and offering QuickTAKES on peace and various subjects.) I am looking forward now to the conference at the end of the month at Riverside Church which seeks to get the US and other nations to Disarm Now! For Peace and Human Needs - April 30-May 1st. There will also be a special May 2nd March - Rally - Peace Fair to promote awareness. Now is the time to talk up both of these events and what they represent: peace, justice and a nuclear free world. Please spread the news and the links. Thanks, and...

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4/12/2010 05:09:00 AM, Blogger mira said...

Thanks for this, Kate-Anne. I followed links and tried to sign the petition, but it would not let me :(
This is what I would have said :

" Peace is important. I have been blessed with nearly 60 years without war. My parents and grandparents were not so lucky.I wish the same for children , grandchildren and great grandchildren. We need to preserve peace . We need to focus on peace not on nuclear weapons , war and violence which only lead to more of the same. What we focus on , grows. May we BE the peace . "

Good work ((((peace hugs )))) xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home