Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Kraft-Nabisco SCREWS American Workers

Yesterday, I called the Kraft Consumer Relations number on the back of a Nabisco Fig Newton Bar package picked out of my firm's cookie basket -- I told Pat at Kraft that I no longer will be buying Fig Newtons as they are now made in MEXICO, that I look to buy American products which give AMERICANS jobs -- even if I pay more, that the American workers are being screwed, that the prices haven't gone down because of Fig Newtons being made in Mexico, that America has the highest rate of poverty in the 37 industrialized nations, and also the highest rate of CEO compensation.

I told her she should read SCREWED: The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class -- and what we can do about it, by Thom Hartmann. I also noted that my Republican cousin feels the same way I do about buying things in America [Jean sent me the Title Link] and that I plan to spread the word. The good news is that Pat was speaking to me from Pennsylvania (Philadelphia area) and NOT India. Good, but not good enough, I said. I also added that I had spoken to the person who does the ordering for cookies at my firm and she will no longer be ordering Fig Newtons. Very politely but with activist fervor, I asked her to pass my message along. She said she most certainly would.

If you wish to join me in repeating this message to Kraft, call them at 1-800-NABISCO (622-4726).

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

PS With luck (and hard quick work) I can get away to join the protest against Bush at Dag Hammerskjold Plaza today on 47th at lunchtime, but I couldn't get the morning off -- we're too busy, sigh. I'm putting in for October 5th NOW -- The World CAN'T wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home