Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Friday, September 01, 2006

Late Summer Reading

Got my copy of Thom Hartmann's new book, Screwed: The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class -- And What We Can Do About It and now must schedule some time to read it. Being away at Aunt Betty Murphy's in Erie last weekend, I didn't get much reading done and nothing on my own personal to-do list. I did, however, get to see a bunch of my cousins and my nephew Christopher, and Aunt Betty got her yard worked done by cousin Pat Coyne and me ("People first :-). Of course, we were rewarded with Aunt Betty's great cookies. (Holy Hips!) Back in NYC, there's lots to do at my paid work and I managed an evening of political phone calls with Citizen Action

I also managed to see Bloggermann Keith Olbermann's great retort to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld which Keith gave on his show Countdown on MSNBC, Read it at CommonDreams.org and/or view it at Truthout.org.

And also in the news, is a story in the New York Times which needs spreading, Ohio to Delay Destruction of Presidential Ballots. Ken Blackwell not only wants to get away with election fraud, he wants to be the next Ohio governor. God help us, especially my Ohio family!

Meanwhile, don't forget to call the White House Comment Line or your congressmembers to demand that we stay our of Iran. When he's in trouble, Bush likes to bomb things. No diplomat he! God help us. But God helps those who help themselves. Call, act, read -- please do what you can for peace and justice, including fair elections. Let's watch the Ohio story..... And buy and read Thom Hartmann's book(s) -- as well as his new essays at Common Dreams, including JonBenét Died - And Bush Lied? and Reclaiming The Issues: Islamic Or Republican Fascism?.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home