Peace Hugs

Kate Anne, communikating on multi-levels -- personal and political, as well as for peace, justice and nonviolence

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reviving for a Raspberry re FISA

Some personal matters have taken precedence in my life, keeping me away from my blogs and computer but I am beginning to revive and am returning to emphasize personal peace even as I mourn the passage of the Bush-Cheney Cabal Get out of Jail free bill. FISA, after passing the House (one of Joe Crowley's worst votes, together with his yes vote on the Bankruptcy Bill), passed the Senate last week 69 to 28 with 3 not voting [click title link for roll call]. Voting NAY, my Senators Schumer and Clinton voted FOR the rule of law and against telecom immunity. But too many Democrats caved and joined the shameless Republican lemmings. Richard Greene of AAR's Clout says Obama's vote was justified strategy but I am still uncomfortable.

I want my country back. Obama is our only real option. But I've pledged my Obama bucks to Bob Fertik's special escrow account at Democrats.com to make Obama more progressive. After the FISA bill vote, I wasn't about to finally make my donation. My dollars are progressive not regressive. Obama's vote may be strategic but it still sucked. But I am not going to dwell on it. I am going to be optimistic and work on my personal peace. Then I can be most effective. One thing that is making me smile is that my son is blogging again. Huzzah! Check his blog out along with me for his own quick takes on stuff.

Peace hugs,
Kate Anne

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home